Bihar Police Constable Political Science (राजनीति शास्त्र) Syllabus
Submitted by root on Mon, 05/28/2018 - 17:06
Central Selection Board of Constable : Bihar Police Syllabus 2018-19
Bihar Police Political Science (राजनीति शास्त्र) Subject Syllabus
Unit-I : Concept of politics
- Nature, Definition & scope of Political Science.
- Traditional & Modern view, characteristics & differences.
- Relation of Political Science with other social sciences – History,
- Economics, Sociology, Psycology, Geography & Philosophy.
- Significance of the study of Political Science.
Indian Government and Politics – Making of Indian constitution and its goal
- Constitutional Development
- Sources of constitution
- Constituent Assembly
Unit-II : State
- Essential elements of State
- Nature, Justification & importance of State.
- Salient feature of Indian Constitution
Unit-III : Theories of the Origin of State
- Divine Theory
- Force Theory
- Social contract theory
- Evolutionary Theory
Working of federalism in India
- Indian federation and its units
- Process of changes of name, boundary and territory of state.
- Controversial issues.
- Aim and characteristics of federal state.
- Unitary features
Unit-IV : Sovereignty
- Characteristics of monistic & pluralistic
- Impact of Globlization
Fundamental Rights and Duties
- Amendments in fundamental rights
Unit-V : Key Concepts
- Law : Meaning, source, type, relation between law & ethics
- Liberty : Meaning, Type
- Equality : Meaning, Type, relation between liberty & a equality.
- Justice : Meaning, Features, Type, Social Justice
- Rights : Meaning, Types, Characteristics, Difference theories, Laskis view of Right.
- Duties : Meaning, Duty of an Ideal citizen, Relationship between Rights & duties.
Directive principals of State Policy
- Nature and sources
- Difference between fundamental rights and directive principles of state policy
Unit-VI : Union Executives
- President : Election, Powers, functions, real position, impeachment.
- Vice-President : Election Power & function.
- Council of Ministers : Composition (with special reference to coalition politics).
- Prime Minister : Power, Function, Duties, Role.
Unit-VII : Parliament
- Lok Sabha : Composition, Power, function.
- Rajya Sabha : Composition, Power, function.
Unit-VIII : State Executive :
- Governor : Power, Function and Position.
- Council of Ministers : Power, function and role with special reference to coalition politics.
- Chief Minister : Power, function, duties and role.
Unit-IX : State legislature
- Bihar legislative assembly : Composition, power and function.
- Bihar legislative council : Composition, power and function.
Unit-X : Indian Judiciary
- Supreme Court of India : Organisation and function.
- Patna High Court : Organisation and functions.
- Lok Adalat, Fast Tract Courts, Family Courts, PIL.
Unit-XI : Electoral Systems in India
- Election Commission
- Electoral Process : Maladies and reforms.
- Importance of Voting
- Party system and role opposition.
Unit-XII : Working of local self government with special reference to Bihar
- 73rd and 74th constitutional amendments.
- Bihar Panchayati Raj (Amendment) Act-2006
- Rural and Urban local govt.
Unit-XII : National Integration and challenges : -
Unit-XIV : Foreign Policy of India
- Basic principles with special reference to nuclear policy
- NAM, SAARC, UNO