Bihar Police Constable History (इतिहास) Syllabus
Submitted by root on Mon, 05/28/2018 - 16:50
Central Selection Board of Constable : Bihar Police Syllabus 2018-19
Bihar Police History (इतिहास) Subject Syllabus
Unit-I : Pre-history, Proto-history and History.
- Meaning, scope and relevance, Importance of chronology, sources, periodisation.
- Tools and equipments
Unit-II : The Pre-historic world.
- Origin of human being and stages of prehistoric evolution.
- Urban traits
- Material Life
- Socio religious life
Unit-III : Ancient Civilizations.
- Mesopotamia, Rome, China, Greece.
- Emphasis on efforts to regulate the order (law codes), science, technology and philosophy.
- Empire building endeavours
- Slavery and position of women.
Early Indian Religions
- Buddhism – Buddhist sites of Bihar
Unit-IV : The Medieval Order.
- Feudalism, States and Church.
- The Arabian Experience.
- Constructive aspects of feudalism.
- Inner contradictions and decay of feudalism.
Political And economic History of the Mauryan
- Rise of Magadh
- Growth of Patliputra
- Mauryan stone pillars
Unit-V : Vehicles of modernization.
- Ideas institutions and events.
- Geographical discoveries.
- Inventions in science and technology
Culture and economy from Post Mauryan to Gupta Period
- Foreign influx
- Language and Literature
- Trade and Industries
- Science and Technology - Aryabhatta
Unit-VI : Modernisation affirmed.
- The British experience
(a) Revolution of 1688.
(b) Industrial Revolution.
- The American war of Independence.
- The French Revolution
Economy Society and culture during early medieval period
- Varna and caste system
- Evolution of regional cultural identities
- Agrarian relations.
Unit-VII : Spread of Modernisation.
(i) Europe – Greece, Italy, Germany, Turkey.
(ii) Asia – China, Japan, Iran, India.
Political Changes under sultanate
- A brief survey of the ruling dynasties and important rulers thereof.
Unit-VIII : Ills of Modernity.
- Colonisalism and neo-colonialism in Africa, Asia and western world.
- The First World War.
Indo-Islamic culture (1500-1700)
- Language and Literature
- Art and Architecture
- Dress and life style
Unit-IX :Three Ideologies and their mutual conflicts.
- Socialism / communism
- Fascism / Nazism
- The second world war.
Urban economy in Medieval age
- Urban centres (emphasis on towns of Bihar)
Unit-X : Sanity Vs Motivated politics.
- League of Nations
- Non-aligned movement
- Cold War
Bhakti and Sufi Movements
- Leading saints and their sayings
- Characteristic features
- Contributions to Indian culture
Unit-XI : Further changes / post-modernisation
- The Chinese Experience
- Breakup of the USSR
The rule of the East India Company
- Revenue settlements
- Economic Impact
- Policies of expansion
Unit-XII : The revolt of 1857
- Effects and Role of Kunwar Singh in Bihar
Unit-XIII : The Indian awakening in 19th century
- Important personalities and organization
- Points of self introspection
- Dimensions of international consciousness development
Unit-XIV :The Nationalist movements (1918 – 1947)
- Non-cooperation movement
- Civil disobedience movement
- Quit India Movement
- The naval Mutiny
- NB- Activites in Bihar must be mentioned.
Unit-XV : Partition and Independence
- Muslim League and the Two nation theory
- Wavel Plan
- Mountbatten Plan
- India Independence Act
- Pangs of Partition
Unit-XVI: Visions of the new state
- Making of the constitution
- Recorganisation of States
- Five year Plans & missed economy