Bihar Police Constable Geography (भूगोल) Syllabus
Submitted by root on Mon, 05/28/2018 - 16:56
Central Selection Board of Constable : Bihar Police Syllabus 2018-19
Bihar Police Geography (भूगोल) Subject Syllabus
Fundamentals of Physical Geography
Unit-I : Geography as a discipline
- Nature and Scope
- Science & Spatial attributes
- Branches of Geography
- Importance of physical geography (Nature and scope)
Unit-II : Earth
- Origin and Evolution of the Earth.
- Interior of the Earth.
- Wegener’s continental drift theory and plate tectonics.
- Geological process Earthquake, volcanoes.
Unit-III : Landforms
- Minerals and Rocks
- Types of Rocks and its characteristics.
- Geomorphic process weathering and erosion.
- Lnadforms and its types.
Unit-IV : Climate
- Composition and structure.
- Elements of Weather and Climate.
- Insolation: Angle of incidence of Sun’s ray & distribution.
- Heat Budget
- Heating and Cooling of Atmosphere.
- Conduction, Convection, Radiation.
- Problems of Global Warming.
- Green House Effects.
- Pressure belts.
- Winds : Planetary, Seasonal & Local and its effects.
- Air masses and fronts.
- Cyclones : Tropical & Temperate.
- Condensation and Evaporation process.
Unit-V : Hydrosphere (Water) oceans
- Hydrological Cycle
- Study of Submarine Relief.
- Distribution of temperature and Salinity.
- Movements of Ocean water waves, tides and currents.
Unit-VI : Biosphere
- Role of Man in Ecological Imbalance.
- Human and Environmental effects.
Unit-I : Resource
- Meaning and Scope
- Classification and Conservation
Unit-II : Man and Environment
- Major Natural Regions of the world
- Equatorial Region
- Monsoon Region
- Tropical Region
- Temperate grassland
- Human Life.
Unit-III : Main Crops of the World
- Grains – Rice, Wheat & Pulses
- Cash Crops – Cotton & Sugarcane
- Plantation Crops – tea
- Milk production
- Geographical conditions, distribution and world-trade of different crop’s production.
Unit-IV : Major Industries of the World
- Utility and distribution of Iron-ore, Cotton-textile, Factors of Industrialization and its effects on the economy.
Unit-I : Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Nature and Scope
Unit-II : People
- Population of the world, distribution, density and growth.
- Population change, spatial pattern and structure, determinant of population changes, Age and Sex ratio, rural urban composition.
- Human development, Concept, selected indicators, International comparison.
Unit-III : Human Activities
- Primary activities : Concept and changing trends, gathering, Pastoral mining, subsistence Agriculture.
- Secondary activities : Concept, Manufacturing Agro Processing, House-hold, small scale, large scale.
- Tertiary activities : Concept, Trade, Transport and communication and Trade.
- Quaternary activities – Concepts knowledge based Industry, Information Technology- USA, Britain, India its contribution.
Unit-IV : Transport, communication & Trade
- Land Transport : Road, railways, Air, Water.
- Satellite communication, cyber zone, International Technology – USA, Britain, India its contribution.
Unit-V : Human Settlement
- Types, Characteristics & problem. Rural & Urban, Morphology of cities,
- Problems related to Human Settlements in developing country.
Unit-I : Introduction
- Location, Neighborhood relations and place of India in the world.
Unit-II : Physical aspects & drainage systems
- Drainage systems
- Physical divisions
Unit-III : Climate, Vegetation and soil
- Weather & climate, Distribution of temperature, pressure, winds & rainfall. Indian monsoons, distribution. Wildlife conservation - Soil, Major types ( ICAR classification ) their distribution and conservation.
Unit-IV : Resources and development
- Land Resources : Agriculture land-use, major crops and Agricultural development and problems.
- Water resources : Achievement and usages, problems and conservation.
- Mineral and Energy resources : Metals and non- metals, minerals and its distribution and conservation, conventional and non-conventional resources of Energy.
Unit-V : Transport, communication & International Trade
- Road, Railway, Water-ways, Airways, Gas and Oil pipeline, National electricity grid.
Unit-VI : Population
- Distribution, density & growth, composition of population, language and religion, rural-urban population.
Unit-VII : Natural Hazards and managements
- Flood and Drought, Earthquake and volcano, landslides, cyclones, T-sunami.