Maharashtra PSC State Service Prelims Exam Syllabus
Submitted by root on Thu, 06/07/2018 - 18:25
MPSC State Service Exam Syllabus
|Paper Number||Marks||Duration||Standard||Standard||Nature of Paper|
|Paper I (Compulsory)||200||Two hours||Degree||Marathi & English||Objective Type|
|Paper II (Compulsory)||200||Two hours||Topic No.(1) to (5) Degree level Topic No.(6) class X level Topic No.(7) X / XII level|
Paper I - (200 marks)
(1) Current events of state, national and international importance.
(2) History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement.
(3) Maharashtra, India and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.
(4) Maharashtra and India - Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj,Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
(5) Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
(6) General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change-that do not require subject specialisation.
(7) General Science.
Paper II - (200 marks)
(2) Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
(3) Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
(4) Decision - making and problem - solving.
(5) General mental ability.
(6) Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation(Charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.- Class X level)
(7) Marathi and English Language Comprehension skills (Class X/XII level).
Note 1 : Questions relating to Marathi and English
Language Comprehension skill of Class X/XII level (last item in the Syllabus of
Paper II) will be tested through passages from Marathi and English language
without providing cross translation thereof in the question paper. Note 2 :
The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3 : It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of State Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he / she does not appear in both the papers of State Services (Prelim) Examination.