Frequently Asked Questions for RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technicians Exam
Submitted by root on Thu, 08/23/2018 - 21:28
Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technicians
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the requirements for Registration?
Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email id and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment. The email id should be unique.
2. What is the procedure for Registration?
Enter the personal details asked for in the Registration page including your mobile number and email id and submit. The registration ID and password will be displayed to the candidate and OTPs will be sent to the registered mobile number and email id for validation.
3. Can I edit the Registration details?
Registration details except mobile number, email id and State you belong to can be edited.
4. What is the procedure to login?
Use Registration ID and password which was displayed after registration and sent to your registered email id for logging in.
5. How do I know that my application is submitted?
Your application is successful only on completion of all the stages including the fee payment and document upload. After the final submit, preview button will be enabled in case of successful completion of application to view or to take print of your application.
6. I have not received email/sms during registration procedure? Why?
Check the correctness of mobile number and email id entered by you. Check your spam mails. You may also refresh and check your email after intervals. If no mail/sms is received, click on resend option. If it is noticed that the email id / mobile number has been wrongly entered inadvertently, click on change email id/mobile number option.
7. Where should I refer for prescribed Education Qualification/Vacancies/PWD
suitability/Medical Standards/Formats for various certificates?
Refer detailed CEN 01/2018 published ion the websites of all RRBs and also the download link of CEN 1/2018 provided in this website.
8. What should I do if I forget password?
Your password is your registered date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY . It will be available in your registered email also.
9. What all documents should I upload at the time of application?
Scanned passport size photo(15kb-40kb) of the candidate with name and date printed on it.
Scanned SC/ST certificate(50kb to 100kb). (if applicable)
Scanned passport size photo of the scribe(15kb-40kb). (if applicable)
10. When I try to upload the Photo/SC /ST certificate, it doesn’t accept
The documents should be in JPG/JPEG format for successful uploading and the size should be:
Passport size photos - 15 to 40 kb
SC/ST certificate - 50kb to 100 kb.
11. How do I know that I belong to OBC creamy layer or Non-creamy layer?
The family income of the OBC-Non Creamy Layer candidate should not be more than 8Lakhs.The OBC certificate should be in the format prescribed as at Annexure-II wherein clear mention is made regarding the candidate not belonging to persons/sections of creamy layer. These are considered to be Non-Creamy Layer candidates.
12. What is the Examination Fees?
For candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex- Servicemen / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class: Rs 250/-.
All other candidates: Rs 500/-
13. Whether examination fee is re-fundable
The fees is refundable only to SC / ST / Ex- Servicemen / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class candidates on attending First Stage Computer Based Test.
14. Can I take the print out of the application any time?
Yes. You can login by using registration ID and password and click on preview to view/take print of your application.
15. What should I do if I have lost my SSLC/SSC/Matriculation Certificate?
You cannot register without furnishing SSLC/Matric roll number and year Of passing as available in the certificate. If these details are furnished based on the copy of the certificate and in case the candidate is called for DV, the original/Duplicate SSLC/SSC/Matriculation certificate has to be submitted.
16. Can I edit the details in the application?
Yes. After final submission, the details in the application (except mobile number, email id and State) can be edited with the modification option by paying modification fee of Rs.250/- each time which is non refundable. The Modification can be done only twice .
17. How will I come to know whether my application is accepted/rejected?
In case the application is rejected after scrutiny, the same will be communicated through email.
18. Where can I find the contact numbers of various RRBs?
Refer Para 19.0 of the detailed CEN 01/2018 published in the websites of RRBs.
19. Whom should I contact in case there is any difficulty in filling up the
Click Here (Helpdesk) to contact the concerned through email
Official Websites of Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs)
- Railway Recruitment Board Ahmedabad
- Railway Recruitment Board Ajmer
- Railway Recruitment Board Allahabad
- Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore
- Railway Recruitment Board Bhopal
- Railway Recruitment Board Bhubaneshwar
- Railway Recruitment Board Bilaspur
- Railway Recruitment Board Chandigarh
- Railway Recruitment Board Chennai
- Railway Recruitment Board Gorakhpur
- Railway Recruitment Board Guwahati
- Railway Recruitment Board Jammu
- Railway Recruitment Board Kolkata
- Railway Recruitment Board Malda
- Railway Recruitment Board Mumbai
- Railway Recruitment Board Muzaffarpur
- Railway Recruitment Board Patna
- Railway Recruitment Board Ranchi
- Railway Recruitment Board Secunderabad
- Railway Recruitment Board Siliguri
- Railway Recruitment Board Trivendrum