Download SSC CHSL (Tier-1) Papers 2018 (Held on 15 March Evening Shift)
Submitted by root on Fri, 07/06/2018 - 15:24
Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Tier-1 Exam
SSC CHSL Exam Papers (Held on 15 March 2018)
A sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four given
alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in
Kavita asked me, “How is your mother?”
1) Kavita asked me how was my mother.
2) Kavita asked her how my mother is.
3) Kavita asked how mother was.
4) Kavita asked me how my mother was.
Correct Answer: Kavita asked me how my mother was.
In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the
alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
Add insult to injury
1) To further a loss with mockery to worsen an unfavourable situation.
2) A disgrace becomes worse when friends and family disown you.
3) The world usually slanders a fallen person rather than help him.
4) A suffering is compounded if you are hurt at the same place again.
Correct Answer: To further a loss with mockery to worsen an unfavourable situation.
In the following question, four number pairs are given. The number on left
side of (–) is related to the number on the right side of (–) with some
Logic/Rule/Relation. Three are similar on basis of same Logic/Rule/Relation.
Select the odd one out from the:
1) 23 – 529
2) 19 – 361
3) 11 – 121
4) 17 – 269
Correct Answer: 17 – 269
In the question two statements are given, followed by two conclusions, I
and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if it seems to be at
variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given
conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.
Statement I: All pictures are photographs
Statement II: All paintings are pictures
Conclusion I: All photographs are paintings
Conclusion II: All paintings are photographs
1) Only conclusion I follows
2) Only conclusion II follows
3) Both conclusions I and II follow
4) Neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows
Correct Answer: Only conclusion II follows
In a mixture, sugar and milk are in the ratio 4 : 5. If 7 litres of milk
is added to it, then the ratio of sugar and milk in the new mixture becomes 2 :
3. What is the total quantity (In litres) of sugar in new mixture?
Correct Answer: 28
A train moves at the speed of 40 m/s and crosses a bridge of length 550
metres in 25 seconds. What is the length (in metres) of the train?
Correct Answer: 450
Which country, on 25 October 2017 announced that it would be introduced a
minimum wage for workers?
Correct Answer: Qatar
In October 2017, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) relaxed
norms for information utilities. Listed Indian companies can now hold ______ of
the paid-up equity share capital or total voting power rights in such firms.
Correct Answer: 100%