Last Minute Preparation Tips for IBPS PO Prelims Exam
Submitted by root on Thu, 10/05/2017 - 10:58
We have to manage these 60 minutes while dealing with Reasoning (Total 35 Questions), Quantitative Aptitude (Total 35 Questions), and English (Total 30 Questions). Here in this article we are providing some Tips & Tricks for IBPS PO Prelims Exam. These section-wise strategies will help you score in the examination.
Topic-1: English Language
- Revise Grammar Rules
- Be relax while study
- Practice previous year memory based papers of SBI & IBPS exams to get ideas of combinations of questions that you might face in exam.
- Start from solving comprehension questions and do keep a check on time. Try to skip passage based questions which require to invest more time.
It is good to attempt the conventional pattern questions first like cloze test, fillers etc. Don't try to solve every problem of the question paper, attempt those questions first you are confident with. Remember that your mistake will cost you -0.25 marks. Try to complete this sections within 15 minutes.
Topic-2: Quantitative Aptitude
There is only one basic rule to clear quantitative aptitude is that you must boost your calculation speed. By the way, this is a scoring section of question paper and if you have practiced well you can solve it.
- Focus on basic concepts and practice.
- Attempt questions wisely and don't stuck on a question for too long.
- Focus on the accuracy and attempt Simplification & Approximation, Inequality, and Number Series first.
- Solve less calculative and relatively easier questions first in Data Interpretation section.
- Don't avoid word problems & arithmetic portion and Finish this section within 30 minutes.
Topic-3: Reasoning Ability
- This is a bit tricky section and it is very important to the attempt questions and within remain time because recently in exams this section was quite challenging and time taking for the candidates.
- First solve miscellaneous portion which may include Inequality, Order and Ranking, Direction Sense, Blood Relation etc.
- Be careful which puzzles and do not spend more than 5 minutes in a puzzle or seating arrangement type problems.
- In this section some problems might seem doable but if they are time-consuming it is good to skip that one and finish this section within 20 minutes.