High-End Diagnostic For Health Care
Submitted by root on Thu, 08/31/2017 - 06:27
Therefore, a new field in healthcare called "Personalised medicine" is need of time. The goal of personalised medicine is to streamline clinical decision making by distinguishing in advance those patients who are most likely to be benefited from a given treatment from those who will only incur cost and suffer with this treatment.
This tailored intervention for giving precise medicine needs information
about patient's genome history which can be done through following:
1) Genetic diagnostics: Personal genomics is the branch of genomics concerned with sequencing and analysis of the genome of an individual. It helps in determining disease risk for common diseases, genetic predisposition towards a disease and thus may help you to determine how to alter your environment and behaviour to avoid the disease.
2) Micro fluidic systems: This is science of designing, manufacturing and formulating devices and processes that deal with volume of fluid on order of nanolitres (10-9) or picolitres (10-12). This micro fluidic systems have diverse and widespread potential such as
- blood cell separation equipment
- biochemical assays
- chemical synthesis
- genetic analysis – drug screening
- electro-chromatography – laser ablation etc.
The major advantage of micro fluids is that it allows for the manipulation of small volumes of liquids in micro fabricated channels and ability to perform all analytical steps, including sample pretreatment reaction, seperation and detection on a microchip in an effective and automatic format.
3) Stem Cell Therapy: Treatment of patients with various degenerative diseases, the regeneration of injured and diseased tissues has always remained a significant challenge. Therefore, with advancement of cell biology and material sciences, stem cell approach came forward where patients,own cells are transformed into model for studying disease and potential treatment to negate the chances of rejection.
4) Gene Therapy: Under gene therapy normal genes are introduced into cells in place of missing or defective ones in order to correct genetic disorders. Based on genetic makeup, personalized medicine may be worked out. For example: Allelic variants of a particular gene are found to be associated with increased risk of malaria and even injection severity. Based on the information of genetic makeup of an individual personalized gene therapy may be employed to reduce the chances of infection and disease progression.
5) DNA Chips also called DNA micro assay – These are solid supports usually of glass or silicon, upon which DNA is attached in an organised grid fashion, each spot of DNA called probe, represents a single gene which helps in easily looking up each person's genetic predisposition to various diseases and help tailor their medical services.
Conclusions: We are moving in new era of scientific advancements in healthcare through precision medicine/personalised medicine. Medical devices that are minimally invasive, accurate, durable, user friendly and low cost can be used to improve diagnostics, prevention and therapeutic monitoring, which further can be used to meet the need of individuals.